The official soundtrack of grocery shopping
· By Bill Keaggy on in Artfoodness, Beyond groceries, Grocery lists, Milk Eggs Vodka — the book, Other keaggy.com projects, The GLC.
· Tagged as book, fiverr, milk eggs vodka, music, song, songs
Here’s a new project, based on an old project! I made a compilation CD of completely original music without singing or playing anything.
Each of these songs was written and performed by a complete stranger via fiverr.com, a web site where people offer to do things for $5. I took a bunch of them up on it.
I sent each of these fine folks a found grocery list (the list songs) or a link to the story I wrote at milkeggsvodka.com (the MEV songs) and asked them to interpret in their own way. It worked out pretty good thanks to everyone who played along.
FWIW, I made about 20 requests and a little more than half delivered (you get your money credited back to your account when a transaction is cancelled). The ones who didn’t deliver came up with all kinds of serious excuses: I got the flu, I just moved, my camcorder died, my computer died, my friend died, etc. One person was good/blunt enough to simply say, “I don’t have time to do this.”
Anyway, grocerylists.org is proud to present the new musical masterpiece CD “Let’s All Go to the Grocery Store!”:
- Cheerdealer: “The Official Milk Eggs Vodka Jingle” (the book)
- Brodafin” “Spaghetti (List #449)”
- IdiosyncraticAl: “Candy & Gin (List #1096)”
- Israel279: “At the Grocery Store (MEV #1)”
- Michiel: “Cupcakes (List #701)”
- MD2020: “Times Is Tight (MEV #2)”
- sam_ovp: “My First Shopping at Grocery Shop (List #382)”
- Jeiji: “No Treats for Bad Dog (List #1648)”
- Pablo Woodruffe: “Make Our Lists Forever (MEV #3)”
- Taryn Parker: “Underwear and a Lemon (List #126)”
- Stocking: “Hatchet & Sheath (List #407)”
- Casey Smalley: “Everything is Gonna be OK (List #270)”
And it’s free! Here are a couple samples…
If you’re wondering about the lyrics to the bizarrely entrancing track #7, here they are: My_first_shopping_at_Grocery_Shop.doc. ESL extravaganza! I do appreciate his effort and hope he put that $5 to good use.
You can find the actual lists linked above, if you want to know the specific inspirations for each track.
PS: Look for my book MILK EGGS VODKA (the jingle song) to be re-released in paperback in April 2011.