The MILK EGGS VODKA lifecycle: Hardcover → Paperback → Video
· By Bill Keaggy on in Milk Eggs Vodka — the book, The GLC.
· Tagged as book, mev, milk eggs vodka, video with no comments :-(
So… I never made a video for the hardcover edition back in 2007, but since MILK EGGS VODKA has been re-released in paperback I figured I better get to it. This one’s an experiment in re-use. I edited public domain Prelinger Archive footage from 1950s educational videos, the soundtrack is a song written for $5, and the lists are from my collection. Watch it bigger at Vimeo.com or on YouTube.
About MILK EGGS VODKA: The book is a compilation of abandoned grocery lists that have been discovered in grocery carts, market floors, and parking lots across the country. If we are what we eat, then this book reveals deep truths about the average American (not to mention more mundane truths like a surprising number of people enjoy onions, and, for most people, banana and mayonnaise are very, very difficult words to spell). Separated into chapters (funny lists, sad lists, unhealthy lists, organized lists) the book also includes snarky commentary and delicious recipes created from found grocery lists. Sidebars and food facts round out the menu.
More info about the video:
- Quite obviously this site right here, www.grocerylists.org, is the original project which turned into MILK EGGS VODKA
- And here’s the book on Amazon
- The story in the song is based on a promo site I made for the hardcover release: www.milkeggsvodka.com
- The awesome song is by Israel279 which cost just $5 on fiverr.com
- I used Prelinger Archives public domain educational films from the 1950s for the video footage
- Here’s some background on how I used fiverr.com to make an entire CD of songs about other peoples’ grocery lists
- And here’s where you can contribute your found lists!
So… check it out, buy it, borrow it, whatever. If you like it, please give it a good review on Amazon. And massive thanks to the hundreds of people who have sent in lists over the years — this is your project too, now!
PS: This is not an April Fools joke.