STUFF: Free giveaways
Do you like free stuff?
Once a month (usually/sometimes) I post a giveaway alert via my email newsletter and to the grocerylists.org home page and all you have to do is email me to request one of the books listed. If you’re the first to request the item, you get it. Be sure to include your mailing address in the email. We only use your email and address to confirm your request and send the package. Just keep watching the home page for free cookbooks and other food-related books!
Below you’ll see some of the books we’ve given away to whoever was fast enough to email us and request it first!
Giveaways on hiatus
Time out | Sorry
• We’ve given away some books here and there but decided to take a break. We may get back on it someday! Or not! Regardless, this was fun.
November/December | NPRama
• Hidden Kitchens: Stories, Recipes and More from NPR’s The Kitchen Sisters | Sent to Rachel of Baltimore, Maryland!
October | Organicalness
• Organic, Inc.: Natural Foods and How They Grew | Sent to Chris of St. Catharines, Ontario Canada!
September | All’s fair in steers and beers
• Blue Ribbon USA: Prize Winning Recipes from State and County Fairs | Sent to Machelle of Antioch, Illinois!
• Travels with Barley: A Journey Through Beer Culture in America | Sent to Stephanie of Medford, Massachusetts!
August | Fine, fine foods
• Ginseng Dreams: The Secret World of America’s Most Valuable Plant | Sent to Jerry of Alhambra, California!
• The Big Oyster: History on the Half Shell | Sent to Michael of Brooklyn, New York!
July | Highbrow and lowbrow
• Best Food Writing 2006 | Sent to Aubrey of Leonard, Michigan!
• Twinkie, Deconstructed: My Journey to Discover How the Ingredients Found in Processed Foods Are Grown, Mined (Yes, Mined), and Manipulated Into What America Eats | Sent to Alicia of San Francisco, California!
June | Big cans ;-)
• Big Food: Amazing ways to cook, store, freeze, and serve everything you buy in bulk | Sent to Heather of Eugene, Oregon!
• Pickled, Potted, and Canned: How the Art and Science of Food Preserving Changed the World | Sent to Allison of St. Louis, Missouri!
May | It’s all about me — my book is out!
• Milk Eggs Vodka: Grocery Lists Lost and Found | Sent to Amber of Hahira, Georgia!
• Milk Eggs Vodka: Grocery Lists Lost and Found | Sent to Laura of Chatham, Illinois!
April | Good grub/bad grub
• Grub: Ideas for an Urban Organic Kitchen | Sent to Kate of Oxford, Mississippi!
• Chew On This: Everything You Don’t Want to Know About Fast Food | Sent to Matt of St. Louis, Missouri!
February | All kinds of culture
• Food Is Culture | Sent to Adele of Rosetta, Australia!
• White Trash Gatherings: From-scratch Cooking for Down-home Entertaining | Sent to Elizabeth of Manchester, New Hampshire!
December | Holidays and shopping
• Saving Dinner for the Holidays | Sent to Katherine of Feasterville Trevose, Pennsylvania!
• The Shopping Bags: Tips, Tricks, and Inside Information to Make You a Savvy Shopper | Sent to Alan and Missy of Arden Hills, Minnesota!
November | Toast, butter and jam — oh yeah
• Toast: 60 Ways to Butter Your Bread and Then Some | Sent to Hannah of Richfield, Minnesota!
• Flavored Butters: Nuts, Dairy, Herbs, Fruit | Sent to Jane of Indio, California!
• Gourmet Preserves [Chez Madelaine] | Sent to Carolyn of Minneapolis, Minnesota!
October | Pests to eat and pests to beat
• Fierce Food: The Intrepid Diner’s Guide to the Unusual, Exotic, and Downright Bizarre | Sent to Jane of Jersey City, New Jersey!
• The Botanist and the Vintner: How Wine Was Saved for the World | Sent to Lynn of Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania!
September | Back to school
• The Dorm Room Diet: The 8-Step Program for Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Plan That Really Works | Sent to Kelly of Van Buren, Ohio!
• Student’s Go Vegan Cookbook: Over 135 Quick, Easy, Cheap, and Tasty Vegan Recipes | Sent to Edwin of Fullerton, California!
August | Cajuns and choppers
• Harley and Davidson Family Recipes: Celebrating 100 Years of Home Cooking | Sent to Terry of Lemay, Missouri!
• Stir the Pot: The History of Cajun Cuisine | Sent to Kathy of Lakewood, Colorado!
July | Keeping cool
• Ice Cream: The Delicious History | Sent to Zen of Richfield, Minnesota!
• Ice: The Nature, the History, and the Uses of an Astonishing Substance | Sent to Aubrey of Forest Hills, New York!
June | In field and kitchen
• It’s a Long Road to a Tomato: Tales of an Organic Farmer Who Quit the Big City for the (Not So) Simple Life | Sent to Hannah of Minneapolis, Minnesota!
• Saving Dinner: The Menus, Recipes, and Shopping Lists to Bring Your Family Back to the Table | Sent to Amy of Elizabethton, Tennessee!
May | Some “heavy” reading
• Donuts: An American Passion | Sent to Phil of Grand Rapids, Michigan!
• Eat This Book: A Year of Gorging and Glory on the Competitive Eating Circuit | Sent to Raymond of Minneapolis, Minnesota!
April | Three free gardening books
• The Kitchen Garden (Month-By-Month) | Sent to Cindy of Sioux Falls, South Dakota!
• Kitchen Harvest: A Cook’s Guide to Growing Organic Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs | Sent to Diana of St. Paul, Minnesota!
• Rodale Organic Gardening Basics: Vegetables | Sent to Adrienne of Mulberry, Florida!
March | At the store and at home
• The Supermarket Diet | Sent to Amy Jo of New York City!
• Slug Bread & Beheaded Thistles: Amusing & Useful Techniques for Nontoxic Housekeeping and Gardening | Sent to Corinna of Lake Peekskill, New York!
February | Spicy selections for Valentine’s Day
• Curry: A Tale of Cooks and Conquerors | Sent to Kate of Boston, Massachusetts!
• Salt and Pepper: 135 Perfectly Seasoned Recipes | Sent to Celia of Cleveland, Ohio!
2005 GLC Giveaways
December | Three good reads
• A Field Guide to Buying Organic | Sent to John of Madison, Wisconsin!
• Hidden Kitchens: Stories, Recipes, and More from NPR’s The Kitchen Sisters | Sent to Karen of Little River, South Carolina!
• The Fourth Star: Dispatches from Inside Daniel Boulud’s Celebrated New York Restaurant | Sent to Joseph of Tenafly, New Jersey!
Hey: Are you a food company or publisher who wants to give away free stuff to a few of the thousands and thousands of readers of grocerylists.org? Email me and let me know.